Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chiapas

So we have been in Chiapas for almost a week now and I really like it here. We drove to Guatemala today. It was 3 hours each way, but we couldn´t actually go in all the way because we didn´t have all the right paper work. So they let us walk across the border and go to the market, but then we had to turn around and drive back. And it was SO hot! I was wearing jeans and felt like I was literally cooking. Chiapas has actually been kind of cold though in the mornings and nights. I need it to be sunnier because I am still as pale as when I left!

The town we are staying in is called San Cristobal de Las Casas and I really like it, but we have been so busy that I haven´t really been able to do much. We have trips to little towns, usually indigenous ones, in the mornings and then we come back for lunch at 2:30 and then have class from 4 to 7. The classes here have been so boring! It kills me to sit there for 3 hours. Then we usually have reading to do and I have been so tired that I just read and fall asleep. Mostly evryone else has been going out every night but I am already so exhausted that I have been lame and havent been going :) I will go out for my b-day though

Well, there isn´t much to say about this week, but we are going on a trip this weekend to see some water falls and the ruins at Palenque so I will write mor after that

Hasta luego!

4 comments:

  1. you better come back with SOME kind of tan! hahahhahah :) I google imaged that town you are staying in. It is really beautiful looking, especially the buildings they showed! Hope your taking pictures, and it makes me kind of happy that you are lame in Mexico too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello sweetie,
    Sorry I won't be there tomorrow for your birthday but be sure to open the card before you go out on the town. Also, you are very close to equator and the sun rays can be deceptive, you can burn very easily. Besides, you will stay young looking forever if you keep sun OFF!
    Happy happy birthday, Love and miss you mucho,MOM

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Faby,
    Happy Birthday! Sure miss being with you to celebrate today. I hope you have a really great birthday, we will party when you get back home. Love and Hugs,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday, hope your havin a blast, beautiful area i looked it up online, sounds like your havin phone, get a phone card if you get the chance and give us a call, lemme know if you need anything, love ya talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete